Thank you for visiting my website. I am passionate about all of the different aspects of my professional life:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) / social worker / clinician / therapist since 1987;
- Director and co-facilitator of the first batterers intervention program ("BIP") in Penobscot County. The education and intervention program is for adult men who are abusive to their intimate partners. 1995 - 2018
- Adjunct faculty at UMaine in the Sociology Department since 1991, also adjunct faculty at Husson University;
- A local, regional, and national presenter on co-worker conflict;
- A local, regional, and national speaker on the field of domestic abuse: "Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Abuse"; and "Domestic Abuse is NOT an Anger Management Issue"
- A long term, active member, of the Maine Commission Against Domestic and Sexual Abuse; the Maine Homicide Review Panel; and Maine Association of Batterers' Intervention Programs.
Voices Against Violence: The 12th Biennial Report of the Maine Domestic Abuse Homicide Review Panel, October 2018
Pretrial and Post-Conviction Uses of Batterer Intervention Programs, February 2016
Maine fails to put batterers in programs that address roots of domestic violence — and pays for it, By Erin Rhoda, Bangor Daily News Staff , January 6, 2015
The Offending Dilemma: Maine Fails to put Batterers in Programs that Addresses Roots of Domestic Violence and Pays for it, By Erin Rhoda, January 5, 2015